Tuesday 24 April 2012

Sour Cherry Jewellery


I am constantly on the look out for small artisan designers and companies who are bringing something new and exciting to the table. I think it is incredibly important to support those grass roots companies and their entrepreneurial spirits, especially young British designers.

Kayleigh Walker launched  Sour Cherry  in 2009 in Sheffield and has displayed a talent for creating original kitsch, quirky and innovative pieces. She has taken advantage of e-retail and has many shops online and  can also be be found at many craft fairs and markets.



I bought my first piece of Sour Cherry jewellery a few weeks ago and I am absolutely delighted. 
I had about 10 things in my cart but reigning in my glee,I decided  to buy one piece to test drive quality etc. 
Very grown up of me I know!! I am so pleased with my necklace, I bought the GEEK necklace with a silver chain. (You have a option of gold) and haven't stopped wearing it since it arrived. 
Its cute, edgy, modern and a classic piece, loves it. 
I heard about this company about 2 years ago and saw a few pieces at an event outside London but the gods conspired against me and I wasn't able to buy anything at the time :-(

 The items are incredible affordable and there is definitely something for everyone. 
I will be purchasing many more pieces from sour cherry and making this company a legitimate part of my five a day

Geek chic-ing it

Stephanie aka Wednesdays Girl

xoxo


Don't forget to come find me and    

No comments:

Post a Comment