Tuesday 17 February 2015

Pancake Day 2015: the Savoury experience



It's pancake day woop woop

Pancakes have definitely taken a savoury turn in my house this year and the excitement is too real!

I have a sweet tooth and chocolate is a close and personal friend but sugar doesn't compare to my love for the hot and savoury.

My batter is a simple plain mix that enhances the flavour of the filling but doesn't over power it.

Ingredients:

100g plain flour
2 eggs
300ml semi-skimmed milk
pinch salt
1 tbsp olive oil into the mix or a knob of butter
  • Splash of oil in the pan for cooking

Serves:7-8 pancakes


This pancake day is all about hot and spicy flavours packed full of goodness.
  • My two main  fillings are Duck & Chicken surf and turf stir fry and home made Venison meatballs.
R: Stir fry L: venison meatballs
The stir fry has oyster mushrooms, edamame beans, broccoli, shredded duck and chicken, onions and prawns. (sautéed spinach was added at the end).

The venison meatballs which have a really rich spicy sent naturally wear seasoned overnight with Worcestershire sauce, fresh and dried chives, season all, Himalayan sea salt and chopped onions. I then added an egg and a tablespoon of flour before rolling into balls.

     Final product:

I like my savoury pancakes a little more crispier than usual as they hold the contents better and there they are super tasty and pretty darn health eh.





What is your pancake plan this year?



Smooches
Stephanie aka Wednesdays Girl
xoxo


Don't forget to come find me and    

No comments:

Post a Comment