Wednesday 22 July 2015

7 things I want you to know #2



Hi guys this is the second instalment in my series.
I really enjoyed creating my last one so lets get into it.






1. Cecile EmekeCecile is a brilliant director and writer who I have followed for a quite a while. Her series strolling/Flâner is particularly poignant and really encapsulates what it is be young and black in modern society/Europe. It is an open space for the global black diaspora to share their thoughts and discuss important issues that are overlooked elsewhere. It is also an environment that inspires learning for the black diaspora and others. It is a real and unflinching snapshot of real people and a million miles away from the nonsensical stereotypes that are shown by the media. I would highly recommend you checking her projects out!



Ikea Snacks

2. Ikea chocolate and snacks - I live very close to Ikea and went through  a very long faze of loathing it. A few reasons being a redesign that made no logical sense to me, it being stuffy and traffic being murder as non locals act like maniacs on the roads leading to Ikea.

I have since rekindled my love with Ikea, in particular the food market! After going up the stairs to go down and sweatily hefting boxes on to your trolley. Maybe painstakingly inching around other shoppers who stop mid isle and queueing for an age. There is nothing better than emerging triumphantly from the check out and going into the food market. My two current favs are the CHOKLAD LJUS
Milk chocolate bar and oddly the POTATISCHIPS SALTADE
Salted potato crisps but that maybe because the Sourcream and onion crisps wasn't there. Ikea food always tastes a bit different doesn't it?



salad

3. Cucumber and sun-dried tomato salad- I am obsessed with this simple salad. I have been adding this to a dish at least 4 times a week. It is so summery and with this weather just seems fitting. it is very versatile and makes a great base if you want to beef up the salad. toss in some toasted cashews, romaine, rocket or spinach and drizzle with a aged balsamic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, chilli and Dijon mustard dressing- LIFE itself!






4. Lion babe- I really like this duos sound. its very retro futuristic and saddles so many genres. I have been listening to treat me like fire for over a year and there is nothing like walking around London listening to this!
 check out wonder woman for your BBQ and park chills too.




My mad fat diary

5. My  Mad Fat Diary -book and tv show. I flipping love Rae Earl! I have never met her lol but the love is real. I really resonated with her indomitable spirit, when reading the book and watching the tv show. I have no mental health issues so I can't relate on that front but she is funny, sharp, witty, darkly humorous, deeply layered and who hasn't been a hormonal teenager finding themselves and navigating the world?
I read My mad fat diary in 2008 was done in an hour. Who needed to read uni books? Not I good sir!!
When the TV show came out, It stirred my memory and I went out and bought the book to re-read it (in this digital age yup) and found that, although set in the 90's  the show was just as good and stayed true to the essence of the book. It was educational, emotional and real. Can I also just say Sharon Rooney killed as Rae (accent and all) and everybody was really well cast.
 I am really sad it's over but it was fitting and ended in a good place.




Shopping my stash b. pure

6. B. Pure Micellar Water: I think it is really important to shop your stash and not hoard too much. As bloggers we can easily become very materialistic and just go off the deep end when it comes to consumerism for the sake of the blog. It is so easy to spend money on loads of products and not use them and hoard because we are onto the next hyped product. I  rediscovered this cleanser in my beauty stash and wanted to reincorporate it into my routine again. I bought this a long while ago after a whizz around superdrug and with their awesome sales who could resist? I am making a big effort to double cleanse consistently. I haven't worn full face makeup in a long time so I did fall to only cleansing once. Although I am not wearing a full face now it is so essential to really get the day off and remove the residue left from pollution/ sweat/uk muggy heat etc. I usually would have used this with a cotton pad but as I ran out for a few days,  I used my hands to massage the solution onto my face and enjoyed the process more. I noticed the liquid thickened and gave me great slip when massaging it over my face. Good stuff.
I am looking forward to trying the B. Clean Melting Gel Cleanser.







left : Charlotte, Right: Eugenie. Images : Refinery29

7. MAC and Giambattista ValliCharlotte and Eugenie lipsticks! 

These colours are literally talking to me! Eugenie especially. How beautiful are these? The colour, the packaging yesssss, I just can't. so pretty!


So that's the 7 things I wanted you to know.
Until next time...........




Smooches
Stephanie aka Wednesdays Girl
xoxo




Don't forget to come find me and    

No comments:

Post a Comment