Friday 15 January 2016

Makeup Revolution haul: dupes, highlighters and thinking outside the box


Ms-wed-girl-makeup-revolution-haul-and-dupes


Ok so I have finally, Fi-nal-ly done a Makeup Revolution haul! 
Not a lipstick here and an eyeshadow there.
A proper haul! 
Makeup revolution has been on my radar for the longest time and I just hadn't got around to ordering a proper haul.
So after honing my long list of goodies I was ready to order. 
That epic Christmas discount didn't disappoint either.

So the packaging is super basic but black is classic and luckily it seems sturdy enough, so no issues there from me. 
My heart was set on the Radiance highlighter palette for the longest time. 
So that was first to go into my basket. 
I am a fan and it's super affordable.
I am all about the glow, that delicious thing that makes me glow to the gawds!
The glow is necessary when artfully done!
Having said that I am not trying to have Tim Peake spot me either lol .
So this is a good one as this
palette is more of a subtle highlight trio, for a more finely milled finished natural glow.
However it is very buildable if you want a stronger finish.
Peach Lights was also a no brainer for me and that was swiftly added to the basket.
It is slightly cooler in tone but not ashy because of that iridescent peach tone which my skin really picks out.

As soon as I clocked the Baked bronzers, I knew they would make amazing highlighters for me as well other deeper skintones! 
I picked up Rock on world and it is beautiful. Just beautiful. 
Great pigment and easy to blend.
The quality is so buttery soft and it is pretty much a dupe for Global glow MSF by MAC. With a much cheaper price tag.
Rock on world appears more bronze in pan but they are pretty much spot on.
I am SO impressed with this bronzer and obviously need more!
Lightly layering rock the world with peach lights is also stunning giving lit from within effortlessly ethereal look.

 Baked Blushers Hard Day,  Make Love Instead and All I think about is you, were must haves for me.
 I wasn't sure about these once they arrived and actually planned to return them as I thought they might be too ashy for me on seeing them.
I am so glad I didn't! If they hadn't of worked out I could always give them to a friend. But luckily for me they did.

As with my Kiko haul, I am switching up the product purpose and will actually be using the baked blushes as highlighters primarily.
I have to say they work amazingly well. 
After swatching them I was impressed but after leaving them to become accustomed to my body temp and body oils etc for a few minutes they looked even better.

Unexpectedly I picked up the Agonise Eye Dust.
I have strayed away from eyeshadows for a long while.
So haven't really purchased anything new but this gorgeous colour caught my eye.
 I think it is deceptively simple but can be transformed into some awesome looks and would absolutely kill!
There was a bit of fall out which can get glitter everywhere but if handled correctly it is so beautiful.

And finally Lips!
What is a makeup haul of mine without a few lip products?
I have heard about the softness of the amazing Lipliners and can attest to that.
I grabbed  Rebel and Cherry Red.
Although they are a little cool toned than I would usually go for.
They aren't ashy and are great for changing the hues of warmer toned lipsticks especially.
I LOVE deep lipsticks.
 I wear them all year round.
So obviously I grabbed this beautiful brown berry toned #Liphug in Still missing my baby.
The finish is creamy on the lips but has low shine and excellent coverage. Liking it a lot.
The Atomic Lipstick Make Me Tonight is very deep and vampy which I adore but it does need to be built up for solid intensity and lasting power.
However for the price it is bloody excellent. I does have a gel like slip texture to it which is different too.

I also picked two Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquers in Vamp and Rebel.
A comfortable inbetween of matte but not moisture depriving.
So far Vamp is my fav (big surprise).
It comes out as a deep purple with grey smokey undertones and the colour pay off is good but it will not last whilst eating etc.
So definitely carry for reapplication.
You can remove with a wet wipe but to minimise tugging oil is best.

So that's it guys.
 I am VERY happy with everything I got.
 I love that everything I got is of a quality much higher than the prices paid for it.
They are already becoming firm staples and go to products.
They are super affordable and with discounts often being added even more so.
So I will def be going back for a few more key products.

What are your favourite Makeup revolution buys so far?

Smooches
Stephanie aka Wednesdays Girl
xoxo



Don't forget to come find me and  

No comments:

Post a Comment